Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

If I Would Have Known!!! St-Hubs Rocks!!!

I was born in Montreal, Quebec in Canada. I'm French Canadian and I LOVE food!!!

So you can imagine my utter excitement when I read an article that suggested that my all-time favorite "healthy" addiction was indeed good for me!!! :)

I read an article earlier that said that eating something vinegary before your meals, it helps you to loose/maintain weight.

!!!!! I know right!!!

It went on to say that eating something "such as St. Huberts traditionnelle Cole slaw" was a good idea since it contains vinegar and tons of veggies, including cabbage.

So I went on a search to find the perfect replica recipe. I have made this Cole slaw for years with my mom, but couldn't remember the exact measurements, mostly because my mom likes to "eye it."

So I played around, and here's what I found.

1 cup vinager
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste

You can make your own Cole slaw mix, or just buy a bag premade.

Heat the vinegar, sugar and oil in a sauce pan to a boil. Pour hot liquid over slaw.
Place in a refrigerator container, and refrigerate for 2 hours covered.

You can store it for 1-2 weeks in a sealed container.


No comments:

Post a Comment