Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breaking Mom

So, I don't know about anyone else, but 2 1/2 is just not an easy age. Yesterday I found myself saying that I just don't even want to go anywhere that I will have to keep my toddler contained or "on her best behavior." It was one of those days, weeks, that I felt like she just needed to be let loose, because trying to have her not touch everything in the grovery store and stay with me was going to be impossible. (I actually did go to the grocery store because we were out of food, and yes she touched everything. Thankfully this time there were no spilled items. This time)

Seriously though, sometimes I feel like toddlers are our parents revenge on us. I mean sure we will have our issues when they hit puberty, but oy!

I have no answers, other than just staying at the playground or splashpad. Even the zoo is a hot mess!

So yes, she has broken me. It's taken 2 1/2 years and a lot of things going on in all our lives, but she's done it. I go shopping by myself when my husband puts her to bed, I bribe her with food if she has to sit still for more than 5 minutes. I'm all for bribing. And you know what, it works!

Thanks to bribing, she ate chicken cordon bleu yesterday!!!! And greenbeans!!! I bribe her with healthy stuff that she thinks is junk food, and Voila! I have a tolerable toddler!

On a different note, I did find that those boxes the post office provides for mailing, also come in super handy for keeping a toddler busy. I got a bunch for my photography, for shipping, a few weeks back. I made one and cut another one, and she has been coloring all over them with her crayons! She loves it and I don't have to worry about marker anywhere and I know that it stays put, because it's hard to carry for her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment