Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Super Bowl!

With the Super Bowl coming up next weekend, there are lots of parties going on that are themed for the occasion. One of the events I will be going to next week is for our MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group at church. As I looked on my table leader's pinterest, I got so many good ideas!

The main thing, is that I can never seem to find instructions. So for all of you who prefer following instructions to the trial and error method... this is for you!

One of the main things that my table is in charge of is decorating. And of course one of the biggest (seriously.. it's 18 feet!) part is the table cloth for the food table. Here's what we decided on:


I'll get a new picture of it once we use it!

Here's how I made it:
You need 18 feet (or however long your table is) of butcher paper
white paint
measuring tape/ yard stick
Pencil
Paint or sharpies of team colors
Straight edge

Start by laying out your butcher paper flat and marking out 13 lines (evenly spaces out)(for 18 feet it's every 18 inches..first line in at edge of paper) Use your straight edge to make the lines.

Paint over the lines with your white paint

Once all of your lines are painted on, paint/write field line numbers (10,20,30,40,50,40,30,20,10)

In the end zones, I decided to draw the team logos. (Do it with pencil first in case you mess up.. I had my eraser handy too)


I ended up using my white paint for the Seahawks Logo, and just sharpie for the Broncos. Then I realized I actually have paint in those colors.... oh well.. next time! :)



1 comment:

  1. Awesome job, Cyndy! Seattle is CRAZY about their Seahawks!!! My students think about football approximately 90% of the time :)
    I love the tablecloth idea - very creative! I think I'll try it!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete