Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cookie In A Jar Teacher Gifts



As I was walking around a mall, looking at all of the brightly lit and wonderfully colored displays, I started thinking about all the people on our Christmas shopping list. There are, of course, family and close friends, but there are also people like teachers. I started looking at potential gifts, until I took a moment to realize that Abby has 12 teachers! Of course that includes her actual school teachers, Sunday school, bible study and MOPS teachers. The fact is that they have all taken care of our kiddo this year.


That was when I realized I needed to find something to give each of them,  without breaking the bank. Enter Pinterest! In a short while of looking through Pinterest,  only getting distracted by everything else on there a few times, I found it! Something personal, practical, and wouldn't break the bank. Cookies in a Jar!

I had already bought lidded jars last year after Christmas,  because you have to take advantage of 75-90% off holiday stuff, right!!? So I had 12 jars just waiting for me to figure out what to do with them,  making my husband think I was nuts. Finally they would be put to use.

After a quick trip to Kroger, costing less than $20, I started to assemble my jars using a classic chocolate chip recipe.

Here is what I put in my jars:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups Chocolate Chips



I also made little tags to go with the cookie mix. Each tag has the rest of the instructions and recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment