Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Searching for Good Isn't (shouldn't) Be Hard

Sometimes it seems as though lifr is controlling us. Its as if we are just onlookers to our own lives.  We often feel like we have no control over what happens,  all we can do is pray it will be ok.

In those moments it's really easy to focus on being overwhelmed and any bad we can identify. 

This is the kind of situation I find myself in now. As I sit in a crowded restaurant,  waiting for a friend to arrive so we can have a girl's night,  I am realizing how out of control I feel. It would be so easy to  see everything as overwhelming.  Everything from moving to mission trips, possibilities of birth control to take an infertility break, to even the simple goings on of life. These things seems to be happening around me, with me praying that certain outcomes would take place.  All I can do is pray.

Pray in the morning, through the day, and, it seems, pray myself to sleep.

But as I sat in traffic earlier today, in no particular rush to be anywhere,  I realized that though I have a lot going on, a lot that can stress me out, I also have a lot to be thankful for. My husband sometimes thinks I'm pulling at straws when I'm trying to be thankful for everything we are blessed with, but it helps me realize its not so bad.

Find what you're thankful for, even if it's just the blue sky, or the rain watering the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment