Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Stranded... So We Made Bubbles

I probably should have picked another analogy for my last post. ;)
The next day, I thought I would take my kiddo and dogs to a state park. The only iasue is that state park arr usually in the middle of nowhere, and just as I rounded the last bend before entering the park, my car started acting up. Every time I would try to accelerate,  it would take a few seconds for the car to react, then it would jerk us forward and slow down.
Thankfully,  we made it to the entrance,  where you pay, before the car really had it. No sooner than I had pulled up,  the car jerked forward onw last time and then shut off.
As I waited for the lady to give me my receipt, I decided to try to turn the car on. She thought I was trying to drive away, but I let her know I was actually just making sure my care would turn on, which it did. Even though it turned on, there was no movement. No matter what gear I put it in, or how many times I tried to restart the car, there was nothing to do.
Thankfully the nice lady who was helping me called over one of the officers and they both pushed my car to a side area, so I wasn't blocking the entrance. Mind you that the entire time they were pushing, buttons, my protective dog, was barking like crazy at them.
Anyways, by the time we made it to the side, Chris was on his way to rescue us. After a short while of walking around the car and in the feild nearby, so that we could all stretch our legs, Chris arrived. It didn't take him very long to decide that we would take his truck and he would wait for a tow truck.
Long story short, the car had a line that had a crack so it was unable to maintain enough pressure to work properly, which was only a $230 fix. Hopefully that's all, but we're waiting to hear back.

Which brings us to today. Its 9:30am, and we've already had breakfast,  taken the dogs out, played with toys,  and done bubbles. With no car, and having it rain outside, this is our first day that we can't leave the apartment.  (Though we may escaoe later and try to walk to target, which isn't too far)

Here are our bubbles we made. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment